1. There is nothing quite like a little kid asking you to pick them up. It makes me feel so special; especially with kids who are more reserved, and takes more to earn their trust.
2. I’ve always wanted to be able to speak a foreign language, despite the fact that I’m horrible at it whenever I’ve tried in the past. I always debate about which language I should hypothetically learn. I know I would want to learn either French or Italian (I’ve also thought about Chinese because I ❤ everything Asian but that’s another story), and I go back and forth, although recently I’ve been leaning toward the French side. That way if I ever make it into Canada I can speak with the people who speak only French. Or something. (<- me trying to make speaking French practical, because some people in my family think speaking a foreign language should be practical; aka we should all speak Spanish because that’s the second most common language spoken in the country or something. I’m not a Spanish person. Nothing against Hispanic people, I just can’t. I’ve had a Spanish overdose since I was little, and I just want something different now.) Anyway, Grace also has an interest in learning French, and we joke about how we should learn it together. Likelihood of that actually happening is very low. 😀 But I had this thought as I was jamming to the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack the other day (don’t judge!), I thought, “Hey, if I learned French, I’d want Lumière to be my French teacher!” Don’t you think that would be the coolest thing in the world? Or is that just me… =S (Ha, we watched a historical show on Italy tonight with people speaking Italian, so now I want to speak that…it’s a vicious cycle!)
3. I promise I’m going to do a serious, thoughtful post soon… I have dozens of ideas, and things I want to talk about, I just have to sort them out and write them down (or finish writing them as the case may be).
4. I’ve been listening to podcasts recently (more on that in another post 🙂 ), and in this one, Maddy asked Camille DePutter what was one resource that she wanted people to know about, and her answer was the library. She said that she felt like libraries go underused, and I have to agree wholeheartedly with her on this one. I rely heavily on my library – granted, I have a really good library system – but I really feel like very few people take advantage of their library. (Ok, off soapbox. 😉 ) When Camille said that whenever she hears a book recommendation she automatically goes to her library and checks it out, I started laughing out loud, because not only do I do the same thing, but I had done so earlier that day! I can’t wait to take a look at these books!
5. I actually (finally!) finished The Culture Clash by Jean Donaldson, and while it was good, it was very heavy reading, and pretty technical dog training stuff. I knew about 75-80% of it already, but it was a good refresher, and I’m glad I read it. I was reading the 2005 edition, and even since then the dog training philosophy has changed hugely (in a good way), but I had to keep in mind the audience she was writing to at the time and the differences. I’m curious to know how the 2012 edition is different.
6. In case you were wondering, black yoga pants and yellow Lab fur do not mix well. Actually, they mix too well! I really shouldn’t get black anything, but I can’t let dog hair hold me back all the time. Lint rollers are my BFF when dark clothes and light dog hair (or the other way around) mix.
7. Making plans in a large family is sometimes impossible. Trying to decide what movie to watch on Sunday almost killed us. Planning our staycation is also challenging. We have daredevils, animal lovers, foodies, artsy people and everything in between all trying to find stuff that would be fun for everyone! So yeah, it’s interesting! But we have fun along the way, like joking that we should do the Groupon 50% off the a year-long family pass to the Rhododendron Botanical Garden ($16 normally, so it was $8 with the Groupon). We are not plant people, and since we had rhododendrons in our old backyard we are intimately familiar with them, so this was no one’s idea of fun! 😀
8. I have gotten so many good nail painting tips from Polished by Amy! Despite the fact that I’m not all that into nail art, I think one of my favorite tips from her was buying some acrylic paint to do the art with. The little light bulb went on in my head and I was like, “That is like the smartest thing ever!” If you want to be inspired to do fancy things with your nails, she gives really good, practical tips. She also does other beauty stuff, so if you are interested in that kind of stuff, you should check her out! Seeing her posts/videos almost tempts me to try (certain) make-up. Almost. Except, it would be so impractical. All our dogs would be covered with make-up…yeah, just no. 😀
9. I have reached 20 followers! Which actually is not very impressive compared to other blogs (which I’m trying not to do), but I like to think that it’s not too shabby considering I have no other social media to promoting myself and my blog. In today’s culture that’s a HUGE part of blogging, and one I’ve chosen to say no to. I wish there were more tips out there for people who want to blog but don’t want social media, but we are seriously in the minority! I just want to thank everyone who has liked, commented or followed me! It means so much to me, especially the latter two, and it literally keeps me going here. Knowing that there are people out there who like it when I share loads of foster puppy pictures or are willing to listen to me ramble on and on about myself is so encouraging!
10. Speaking of followers, I realized recently that I actually don’t “follow” my some of my absolute favorite bloggers! With some I just keep saying, “I really need to follow them…” and then I forget. Perhaps the most ironic of all is Amanda. Amanda is such a fun person, plus she makes THE BEST recipes (bonus that most are single girl stuff!). Why am I not following her like the rest of the world? Hello me! Wake up. Anyway, I think I should really get on this. But just know if I’m not following you it doesn’t mean I don’t love your blog…it’s actually probably because I found you and started following you before I actually started “following” everybody. 😀
11. I really need to stop, so I will, even though I have like at least four more I could do. I guess they’ll wait until next week! 😛 😉
Do you speak a foreign language?
Do you use your library?
What was the last vacation you took?