Happy #thinkingoutloud Thursday! Random thoughts coming at you in 3…2…1…
1. I have been trying to wake up (and stay awake) at the same time every morning to help with my sleep. The only problem is, I can’t stop journaling late into the night, which then builds up to a headache from lack of sleep. And my eyes feeling like they are cold and dry and wide open. That’s me right now.
2. My dictionary just informed me that “journaling” is not a word, yet my phone suggested the word to me. What is that supposed to mean? Talk about confusing! I am very easily confused about these things. The actual word is supposedly “journalizing“. My computer doesn’t like either, but what does it know? So now I find out that ever since I started
journaling writing in my journal, I’ve been using the wrong word. (I even have a tag called “journaling”…how did I miss this?) This is not the first time this has happened. I wish I could remember them all, so I could tell you. 😀
3. Remember how I said the other day that it was nice and sunny? Well, I think I jinxed us. The next day started cloudy and ended up sunny, then today it’s been raining pretty much all day. And you know what? I found out, I miss the rain. I MISS THE RAIN. Who am I right now? Usually, I am only a fan of the downpour type. But I had to go outside to feed the chickens (did you know we have chickens? I guess you do now. 😀 ), and I found myself wanting to stay out, despite the fact that it was just your average rainfall, nothing special. I loved the way the water felt on my skin, and I realized, I think I’m ready for this fall business!
4. I’m sorry that things have been a bit slower here. I’ve been working on writing back to my pen-pal (yeah, embarrassing…poor girl 😦 ), and doing more reading. Also, things will probably stay slow during this month while there is so much going on.
5. I’ve been super moody recently. Don’t know why, although I have a couple things I am inclined to blame. However, I’m not sure if they are really at the root of things. 😉 Why does life have to be so complicated sometimes? Confession: I actually kind of like being moody…maybe I’m the complicated one. 😛
6. I was tempted to break out my Ugg boots today. I went for sneakers since I was working, and was concerned that Uggs would be too hot, and it turned out to be perfect. But it will be soon, friends, soon! (Also, I do not have name brand Uggs; I have Costco’s knock off. They work just as well! Although from what I’ve seen this year, they aren’t as good as they have been in previous years. )
7. My elastic still hasn’t broken, by the way. Just in case you were wondering. 😉
8. Do you realize how much stuff nowadays assumes you have social media? It galls me. I will refrain from ranting, because I know that is not very enjoyable to read. It’s ok, I’ve written it all out in my journal. It is hard, though, when you have been hurt and excluded over and over and over again.
9. I finished 100 Cupboards. Now the world has ended. Just kidding, but I find myself wishing I was still listening to it. I know I have talked about it so much that all you have a blown up idea of what it really is, but there is just something about the characters that makes me want to hang out with them. And of course, the only way I can do that is when I’m reading the books.
10. When you read this, I’ll probably be on my way to the DOL (aka DVM) to renew my permit. There is a grouchy lady who is always there, and I’m not looking forward to it. Wish me luck! The good news is, this should be the last time I’ll ever have to set foot into that DOL again. Ever. Because now, where I live at least, you go to a driving school to get your drive test, and the people at the driving school are very nice.
That’s all I have for now. See ya later folks!
Any random thoughts?